Gardner Zig Rig Session Pack
Each Zig Rig Session Pack contains all the specific components you will require, including:
- 1 spool of Zig Link 20m Spool in 8lb, 10lb or 12lb.
- 1 stick of each of our 8 colours of Zig Rig Foam: Yellow, Red, White, Pink, Orange, Brown, Pellet Brown and Black Zig Rig Foam – giving you a range of colours to experiment within different situations.
- Now supplied with Size 12 Covert Mugga Hooks (Pack of 10).
To create an effective zig rig it couldn’t be simpler:
- Tie a small loop on the end of the Zig Link hooklink (this will be the ‘hair’ for your bait attachment). Zig Rigs work better when the hook and bait are touching so make sure the hair is as short as possible.
- Thread a small 1cm section of Zig Rig Foam onto the hair and use a small stop to keep it in place.
- Cut the hooklink to the desired length and tie on the Size 12 Mugga hook using a simple Knotless knot.
- Tie onto the swivel using a Palomar knot.
Top Tip – If the fish are high in the water, adjust the length of the hooklink so that your hook bait is presented just a few inches under the surface. If you use a slightly different length zig rig on each rod, when you start getting bites at one depth change the other hooklinks to match so you are fishing as effectively as possible.
We strongly recommend using Zig Rigs with a Covert Safety Clip arrangement – this enables you to change leads quickly as it is good practice to use the lightest weight possible for the range you are fishing to reduce the disturbance of the lead landing in the water.